- 1 pound uncooked macaroni (any kind you like)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces processed cheese food (eg. Velveeta), cubed
- Dry bread crumbs (Planko gives a crunchy topping)
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Reduce heat. Add the cheeses, stirring until cheese is melted.
Transfer macaroni to a greased baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over macaroni; mix well.
Sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown.