Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My stolen Nikon D80


Above picture I took a few days after I got my camera.


Friday, August 26, 2011

 
((I will copy & paste my statement I had to make for the front office at our apartment complex removing a few things like address & number.))

 
To whom it may concern:

 
I'd called in a repair at 1:26pm to the front office.  At 2:40pm a maintenance worker came to do the repair, which was in the bathroom.  He went to the bathroom to start the repair.  I needed to leave, so I asked him if he had a key to lock the door behind him.  He said yes he had a key, then asked me if there was anything else that needed to be looked at.  I told him the freezer was acting up.  He said he'd look at it.  So I told him bye and left.  Prior to him getting here I closed both doors to the bedroom because there was no reason for him to be in there and due to the room being messy I didn't want him seeing it.  Before I'd walked out of the room I'd turned the over head light off and left on the ceiling fan as we always leave it when we are gone.  I got back home at 3:14pm, looked on the counter by the front door to see if he left the maintenance repair sheet saying what he'd done.  It wasn't there.  I walked to the bedroom, first thing I noticed was that the door wasn't closed all the way.  Second I noticed the light switch wasn't on, when I flipped the switch on the over head light and the ceiling fan both came on.  As soon as the light came on I noticed that my hand gun wasn't how I always have it.  For safety reasons I have the barrel facing away from the bedroom towards the wall.  It was completely turned around facing towards the room.  I then walked over to the other side of the room first thing I looked for was my camera (Nikon D80).  The Nikon wasn't where I left it.  I have it on a shelf against the wall in the corner so that I know it won't be knocked off.  I even checked the floor and moved things from around the bottom of the shelf to make sure it wasn't on the floor.  I did not find it.  The battery charger and the manual for the camera were both still on the shelf.  I have the serial number on the camera & the police report also.

 
Update: Wednesday, August 31, 2011

 
The front office manager has said that they will not replace my camera.  They gave all the info to the corporate office.  They will now go over all the info for the investigation.  They will be getting in contact with me about it.  She then said that I will just have to file the camera on our homeowners insurance.

 
I DO NOT want to file my camera on our insurance bc it's going to cause our insurance to go up (so we will be paying for an asshole that couldn't stay out of our bedroom) & I'm pretty much paying double for the same camera.  Rediculous!

 
I also got a call from a detective today, but missed the damn call.  I tried to call her back...she was out.  I had to leave a voicemail.  Now I'm waiting for her to call me back.

 
Seriously thinking about going to nearby pawn shops to look for my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment